Tuesday, July 13, 2004

This just in... (You give me fever)

For those of you joining the program already in progress, welcome. Julia has said wonderful things about me, but really they were all just a backhanded compliment. Paraphrasing: Digit Whit is amazing, only she is too much of a loser to realize it. Thanks. But none the less, she has infected me with the fever. The blogger fever. All I want to do is blog. All I think about is blogging. I feel as though I have so much to say until I sit back and the horrible realization hits me; I have nothing to say. I mean, I have something to say, we all have something to say which seems to be precisely the problem. We all think the same thing, we all feel the same way, we all say the same thing. It's funny, we all think that we are alone when really it is our collective isolation/alienation that unite us. We're bonded by our solitude. My goodness, blogging is a prime example of that, We all sit alone at our computer writing, hoping someone listens. Can you hear my typing. The keyboard has become the pulse of the nation. The more we've become connect the more disconnected we actually are. No one is ever home alone on a Friday night when they have all of cyber space to keep them company.

Words are merely a collage of our collected consciousness. We manipulate them in different ways only to find out that they are all the same pieces in the puzzle. Well, enough philosophical garbage. I have to go, Roswell starts in a few minutes and I have trust issues with the TiVo. My trust issues are justified. I'm the other woman. That's the benefit of being the other woman, you know that you can't trust. You know it cheats on you. My program has the lowest ranking. So if anything she wants to tape conflicts with it then I get nothing. That is why I must manually override it. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

2 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

what the hell!! you turn everything i say into a backhanded comment or a fat joke. fine. i'm resigning myself to grunting.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jenny1899 said...

As the primary woman in the TiVo's life, it is true you are second fiddle. But you manually override well. At least the dog's picks aren't above yours.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home