Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The run in

I was peacefully minding my own business as I waited outside the arclight for my friend to meet me when who should walk out of the theater, a former crush and his girl. Now, in my opinion it is much worse running into a crush than a former flame because you can find hostility towards an old flame or at least some kind of tangible emotion but when you run into someone that you never had anything other than possibly friendship with then all you feel is the return of the butterflies. Upon seeing him I did what any self-respecting girl would do, I turned away so that he or his perfect little specimen of a woman wouldn't see me.
 
Then while I was still waiting a guy that I think went to college with me walked by. I saw him again inside while we stood in line to get tickets. I didn't know if I should say hi because if he did go to my school then we might had a class together, we didn't know each other through socializing. If I said hi what would I say? "Hey, I think we might have been in the same room at one point in time." That is always a weird social situation. You must decide if you want to look like a bitch or a loser.
 
To top off my wondrous day, it was my roommate's last night in town before she goes back east, possibly never to return. But I can't talk about that because will bring up a whole range of emotions. How do parent's do it? How do you let people make mistakes when you know they are just that? It must suck to be a psychic. You know the errors that people are going to make but you can't stop them because you know they need to make them in order to grow or accept their path. It's like watching someone bob and weave through oncoming traffic because they have to get to the other side of the road. You understand the journey but it doesn't make it any easier watching the cars about to hit them. Wouldn't it be so much easier if you could live people's lives for them? I know nothing about my own life but I feel as though I have the answers to someone else's life. Such a hypocrite.  But hey, if someone would like to live my life for me, I'm game. Why will I not be surprised when there are no takers to that proposition? Please, live my life for me. I'm at a lost of what to do with it. I know someone out there must have the answers. I'm listening.


8 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

which guy is this?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

Bitch, please. Why you got to be all up in my grill?

2:06 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

not someone who was "really funny" but had bad taste in girls in hats?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

No. But a guy from the same establishment. I never really mention him.

2:21 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

scorpio keepin' secrets, huh?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

Don't fault me for my star chart. I can't help that I'm a scorpio. Damn Gemini. You just wait to you get to my sign. It's hard.

2:29 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

I'm not gonna get there. I'm too distractable to find my way there.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

But you're already blueberry italian soda. How come you can become ligit?

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home