Monday, August 16, 2004

The custody battle

My world has been ripped apart. A silent battle has been taking place right here on the office floor. There are no real winner of this war. Only victims, fashion victims to be more precise. See the conflict that results in evil glares is over an article of clothing. A Gap skirt.

Both Iris and myself own the same said skirt. Now, Iris has very little idea that this fight is going on. She does know that we own the same skirt. However, she doesn't know that I track it. You see Iris has five rotating outfits for the week. Each week I wait to see what day she is going to wear it. Now knowing that I want to wear the skirt at least once every two weeks, so on the second week if I haven't seen it within first two days of the week I start hedging my odds. I try to think back to the days she typically wears the skirt, trying to graph it in my head. While her cycle of outfits are random in that they show up on any given day, I am sure that there is still some statical pattern to her randomness.

This might seem a bit over zealous, but you have no idea how cute and comfortable this skirt is. If it was merely one or the other I wouldn't really care. But you have no idea how hard it is to find a skirt that meets that criteria and is work appropriate. So the battle continues. For course if I was really troubled by this then I would create a schedule, but honestly playing the odds is much more fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home