Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Get out of my mind, get into my car.

I have a song stuck in my head, but even worse is that I only have one line swirling around on repeat up there. "Back to life, back to reality." I never really thought about it, but I wonder if there is a purpose as to what songs get stuck in our head. Like your subconscious using your dreams at night, maybe it uses songs during the day. Really annoying songs get stuck in our head because they are meant to teach us something. I guess my head want me to get out of my head today. Even my subconscious needs a break. Need to stop thinking bad thoughts about brokers or clients. And in some cases I mean the good bad thoughts.

Or maybe it is just revenge. Punishment for thinking too much. Your subconscious says, "You like thinking so much, trying thinking while I sing this bitch of a song all day, see how fast your mind works then, sucker." It makes sense that the outside world is always at war; it is a biological marker in that our body is always at war with itself. Conscious fighting unconscious, white cells fighting bacteria, heart fighting head. We are conflicted by nature. Thus so are my arguments. There, Julia, I contradict my opinions because it is inherent to me. Plus, I did high school debate which conditions you to see both sides of the argument and to never have your own opinion.

But on the other hand...



1 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

you know why we contradict each other? Because peace is boring. And what's life with a little self-torture? I spent the whole afternoon at work yesterday, mimicking the sound that a coworker's cell phone makes when it's on silent mode and all you hear is the vibration. rrrrr.rrrrrr.rrrrrrr. rrrrrrr.rrrrrrrr.rrrrrr. rrrrrrr.rrrrrrr.rrrrrrr. rrrrrr.rrrrrr.rrr-
(it went to voicemail).

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home