Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I don't know if I want to pull out my hair or hers

There is this woman at work that drives me crazy. She needs to be on medication. I always thought that everyone else loved her until one day when I went out on limb and spoke of my feelings to Iris. Iris didn't understand my annoyance. But two days later she was on the band wagon. Then I felt bad because I thought maybe my saying something had wooed her to the dark side. I didn't want to be the reason that someone hated someone else. This plagued my conscience until the other day when I was working in the cage (operations). It turns out that a coworker back there dislikes this woman more than myself;  I never expressed my emotions to her, she came to her malcontent on her own.

I still feel bad. She has never committed any serious infractions against me. I can't help my displeasure of her. Why do some people get under your skin (and not in the good way)? What is it about her that makes me want to take medication? Do you ever hate someone for no reason so you try to find specific things about them to justify your feelings? The world does this. Most of the times our allies and enemies are determined on whether or not we like them. Your like of other countries isn't always decided by history, sometimes it is just instinct. There is something about that country that I don't like, send out agents to gather intelligence. You could investigate any country/person and find things that make you hate them or like them. What you find is merely based on which you choose to pursue.

I know that there are a lot of amazing things about the coworker but I can't help that she drives me to drink. I recognizes her positive qualities but for me the annoying qualities outweigh them. Lucky for us there is always someone else who sees the inverse. But she is in good company because she will never be able to annoy me more than I annoy myself. That might be why I don't like her. She could possess the qualities that I hate about myself. Maybe that is really what our instinct of hate is based on. Who we like/dislike is just a reflection of what we like/dislike in ourselves.


4 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

astute observations about the need to find evidence to justify why we don't like someone. But damn girl, stop undermining your own argument. So you don't like her. She's probably an idiot. Don't feel bad about it. Maybe she's an idiot and that has nothing to do with you. Maybe you're better than her. Maybe you didn't drink out of the toilet when you were young, or eat dirt off the driveway. Is it so bad to be better liked? C'mon, Whit. There's a Leo in you somewhere. After all, a leo is just a big CAT...

12:27 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

Are you calling me a bitch by infering that I am catty. Thanks. You know I have a leo complex. Why you got to rub it in all the time? Damn. Not all of us can blame our multiple personalities on our sign.

3:03 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

just referring back to your post about hand-me-down men... :) Scorpios are more powerful people and you know that. You just hate that Leos get all the credit for the world domination in which you orchestrate.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

Who told you about the world domination? We're going to have to take you out now. We just use the Leo's as our fall guys.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home