Monday, July 26, 2004

Life No Longer For Sale

My generation has grown with the best ad slogan ever in existence and yet we don't heed its words. Just Do It. It sounds so easy and we make it so hard. At best we contemplate just doing it, but that defeats the whole purpose. I spend so much time trying to will myself out of my situation that I spend no time actually trying to get out of it. When there is a will there is a way, that's how the saying goes. But the way needs to be taken; it doesn't just come because you will it. The will gives you the answers but the way gives the results.

Today, I am taking my life back. It is off the market. I no longer feel the need to sell it. I've realized that I don't need a new life; I just need a little renovation of the current one. I'm determined to have the red tape taken away from my life. The pool of misery is man made. So I intend to build myself a hot tube of happiness. Wait that sounds kind of sleazy. But the point remains the same. I am going to just do it.

No more excuses. No more willing without taking the way. Why do self-fulfilling prophecies always have negative connotations? I intend to make a new self-fulfilling prophecy a positive incarnation. I've let life kick the crap out of me for too long. I'm going to take the hand that has been dealt to me and try to make it better. And if all else fails, I'll at least learn to bluff a little better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home