Thursday, February 17, 2005

Throwing in the white towel.

Although I might need the towel to dry off from all this rain. I love the rain; it always makes me want to have a Tasters Choice moment. Remember that one time in Venice...

Rain seems so poetic, as if it is God's tears. And just like actual tears, the world seems so clear and refreshed once the tears end. Even God needs to let out a good cry every once in a while. Further proof that God is a woman: a maniac depressive woman, but a woman nonetheless.

The rain makes me resign to my reality. The emotional vent of Mother Nature allows me to come to my senses. Thoughts pour faster than each drop. The truth filtering in becomes impossible to stop. Trapped within yourself and your mind. Confined to voices in your head that become louder to compensate for the thunder and lightning outside. And like a bolt of lightning the truth of your circumstances hit you.

Life is what it is. I am where I am. Sometimes it is when you try to resist the quicksand that it pulls you under faster. Remain still and you might actually have a fighting chance. But can you remain still and also be fighting; contradictory terms find a loophole in the paradox. You don't fight a bear you just lay really still. Bull or bear, I can't fight this industry or this life.

If I find contentment within this situation maybe then I will be in a frame of mind to actually escape it. There is no moving on until you let go. Let go of: anger, resentment, and bitterness. Find: forgiveness, relaxation, and peace.

I will let the rain wash away all my sorrows. Drowned the sadness. And let the sunshine drip dry the malcontent. After all, the sun will come out tomorrow.

So, I realize you can't change overnight, change is linear and moves from point A to point B. Billions of stops along the way from the destination to the arrival, there are no non-stop flights but rather several layover. But it doesn't change to fact that you are moving away from point A no matter how long it might take to get to point B. Sometimes it is feat just getting of the runaway from the original location.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt sign to prepare for departure. I will wait to recline my seat then proceed to shut my eyes for the remainder of this fight. Who know where I might land, but at least when I open my eyes it might be tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow. I love yah. You're only a day away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home